What is Business Administration
The term Business Administration refers to the management of business operations, including the organization of people, resources, business goals and decisions. Every industry needs individuals with a solid business administration education.
What is a Business Administration Degree?
A business administration degree is type of business degree awarded to students who have completed a college, university, or business school program with a focus business administration.
Types of Business Administration Degrees
Business administration degrees can be earned at every education level.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration – An Associate of Business Administration degree is an entry-level degree option for business majors. It will take you two years to earn an associate’s degree at most schools.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration – A Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) degree is the most popular post secondary degree choice for undergraduate students. Most recognize degree programs are of the four-year variety. However, there are accelerated programs that can be completed in only three years.
- Master Degree in Business Administration – A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an intense, graduate-level degree option for business majors. A traditional MBA program takes one year and half to complete. However, accelerated MBA programs are becoming increasingly common and popular among business students for working people.
- Executive MBA Degree – An executive MBA, or EMBA, is a type of MBA degree. Designed mainly for working executives, the executive MBA program offers a flexible schedule, a rigorous curriculum, and a teamwork emphasis. Program length can vary, but most programs require a 15- to 20-hour study commitment from students.
- PhD in Business Administration – A PhD in Business Administration is the highest degree that can be earned in this field. Most programs take an average of three to six years to complete.
Do I need a Business Administration Degree?
You can obtain some entry-level positions in business and management without a business administration degree. Some individuals earn a high school diploma, get an entry-level position, and work their way up from there. However, there is a limit to the number of promotions you can get without a business administration degree. For example, it is very rare to see an executive without a degree (unless the executive also started the business.)
A bachelor’s degree is the most common path to a career in business administration. This degree will help you get a job and prepare for a graduate-level education if you decide to pursue one. (In most cases, you need a bachelor’s degree to earn a graduate-level degree)
Advanced positions and promotions often require an MBA or higher. A graduate-level degree makes you more marketable and employable.
For research or post secondary teaching positions, you almost always need a PhD in Business Administration.
See more below business degree options.
What can I do with a Business Administration degree?
Business administration graduates can work in a variety of industries. Almost every organization places heavy importance on administration duties and operations management. Companies need qualified personnel to direct their efforts and teams on a daily basis.
Read and think more about business specializations.
The exact job you can get is often dependent on your education and specialization. Many schools allow business administration managers to specialize in a particular area. For example, you can earn an MBA in accounting or an MBA in supply chain management. The specialization options are almost endless, particularly when you consider the fact that some schools allow you to customize your business program and create your own specialization using a series of electives.
Obviously, a graduate with an MBA in accounting would qualify for significantly different positions than a graduate with an MBA in supply chain management or an MBA in another field of study.
NB: Dear IBMS students, the above information will help you about your study of Business Administration & Specializing in your chosen field, you will like to work and build your future career. We are available to help you and guide you about your future career build-up. Our All professors are very highly professional in their professional fields. Most of them are with 25 to 30 years jobs and business experiences with very higher educational background. If you will need any help please do not hesitate to ask us.
Working in close collaboration with business, we look to develop the next generation of managers and business leaders.